32nd Sunday in Ordinary Time 11-06-22

 November 6, 2022

Gathering Song:


Greeting

Penitential Act: Confiteor

I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do,

through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault;

Therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints; and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.


-AND/OR-

Lord have Mercy,

Christ have Mercy,

Lord have Mercy


GLORIA

Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to people of good will.

We praise you, we bless you,
we adore you, we glorify you, We give you thanks
for your great glory, Lord God,
heavenly King, O God, almighty Father.

Lord, Jesus Christ,
Only Begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father, You take away
the sins of the world,
have mercy on us;
you take away
the sins of the world, 
receive our prayer;
you are seated
at the right hand of the Father,
have mercy on us.

For you alone
are the Holy One,
you alone are the Lord,
you alone are the Most High,
Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit,
in the glory of God the Father, Amen.

Glory to God in the highest,

and on earth peace to people of good



Liturgy of the Word


1st Reading 2 Mc 7:1-2, 9-14

It happened that seven brothers

with their mother were arrested
and tortured with whips

and scourges by the king,
to force them to eat pork

in violation of God's law.
One of the brothers,

speaking for the others, said:

   "What do you expect to achieve

by questioning us?

    We are ready to die rather

than transgress the laws
    of our ancestors."


At the point of death he said:

   "You accursed fiend,

you are depriving us of this present 

    life,but the King of the world

will raise us up to live again  
    forever.It is for his

laws that we are dying."


After him the third

suffered their cruel sport.

He put out his tongue

at once when told to do so,

and bravely held out his hands,

as he spoke these noble words:

   "It was from Heaven that

I received these; for the sake of his
    laws I disdain them; from him

I hope to receive them again."

    Even the king and his attendants

marveled at the young
    man's courage, because he

regarded his sufferings as nothing.


After he had died,

they tortured and

maltreated the fourth brother

in the same way. 

When he was near death, he said,

    "It is my choice to die at the hands

of men with the hope God gives

of being raised up by him;

but for you,

there will be no resurrection to life."


The Word of the Lord,

        ~Thanks be to God



Responsorial Psalm

Ps 17:1, 5-6, 8, 15


R. Lord, when your glory appears,
my joy will be full.
Hear, O LORD, a just suit;
attend to my outcry;
hearken to my prayer
from lips without deceit.
R. Lord, when your glory appears,
my joy will be full.
My steps have been steadfast
in your paths,
my feet have not faltered.
I call upon you, for you
will answer me, O God;
incline your ear to me;
hear my word.
R. Lord, when your glory appears,
my joy will be full.
Keep me as the
apple of your eye,
hide me in the shadow
of your wings.
But I in justice
shall behold your face;
on waking I shall be content
in your presence.
R. Lord, when your glory appears,
my joy will be full.

.



2nd Reading  2 Thes 2:16-3:5

Brothers and sisters:

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself

and God our Father,

who has loved us and given us

everlasting encouragement

and good hope through his grace,

encourage your hearts and strengthen them

in every good deed and word.


Finally, brothers and sisters,

pray for us,

so that the word of the Lord

may speed forward
and be glorified,

as it did among you,

and that we may be delivered

from perverse

and wicked people,

for not all have faith.

But the Lord is faithful;
he will strengthen you and guard

you from the evil one.

We are confident of you

in the Lord that what we instruct you,

you are doing and will continue to do.

May the Lord direct your

hearts to the love of God

and to the endurance of Christ.


                             The Word of the Lord ~Thanks be to God


 Alleluia


 
R. Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia.

Jesus Christ is the firstborn of the dead;

to him be glory and power, forever and ever

R. Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia


Gospel

Lk 20:27-38

Some Sadducees,
those who deny that
there is a resurrection,
came forward and put this
question to Jesus, saying,
"Teacher, Moses wrote for us,
If someone's brother dies
leaving a wife but no child,
his brother must take the wife
and raise up descendants
for his brother.
Now there were seven brothers;
the first married a woman
but died childless.
Then the second and
the third married her,
and likewise
all the seven died childless.
Finally the woman also died.
Now at the resurrection
whose wife will that woman be?
For all seven had been
married to her."
Jesus said to them,
"The children of this age
marry and remarry;
but those who are deemed worthy
to attain to the coming age
and to the resurrection of the dead
neither marry nor are given in marriage.
They can no longer die,
for they are like angels;
and they are the children of God
because they are the ones who will rise.
That the dead will rise
even Moses made known
in the passage
about the bush,
when he called out
‘Lord, the God of Abraham,
the God of Isaac,
and the God of Jacob’;
and he is not God of the dead,
but of the living,
for to him all are alive."

  The Gospel of the Lord,

  ~ Praise to you

Lord Jesus Christ


Homily


Profession of Faith:

I believe in one God,

the Father almighty,

maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,

the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,

true God from true God,

begotten, not made,

consubstantial with the Father;

through Him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation

He came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate

of the Virgin Mary,

and became man. 
For our sake He was crucified

under Pontius Pilate,

He suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day

in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven

and is sea ted at the

right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge

the living and the dead

and His kingdom will have no end. 
I believe in the Holy Spirit,

the Lord, the giver of life,

who proceeds from

the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son

is adored and glorified,

who has spoken through the prophets. 
I believe in one, holy, catholic

and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism

for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the

resurrection of the dead

and the life of the world to come. Amen.


Universal Prayer: Prayers of Petition          ~ Risen Lord, hear our prayer


Offertory Song:




Liturgy of the Eucharist


Eucharistic Acclamations:

R: Blessed be God forever 


R: Blessed be God forever

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

R: May the Lord accept the sacrifice

at your hands for the

praise and glory of his name,

for our good

and the good of all His holy Church
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

R: And with your spirit

R: We lift them up to the Lord


R: It is right and just.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full,
full of your glory.
Hosanna, hosanna in the highest.

Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest.  
Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest.

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We proclaim your Death, O Lord, and profess your 

Resurrection, until you come again.

Or

When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup
We proclaim your Death, O Lord, until you come again.

Or
Save us, Savior of the world,
for by your Cross and Resurrection you have set us free

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen

            

  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~


The Lord’s Prayer

Our Father, Who art in heaven, 

Hallowed be Thy Name. 

Thy Kingdom come. 

Thy Will be done, 

on earth as it is in Heaven.


Give us this day our daily bread. 

And forgive us our trespasses, 

as we forgive those
who trespass against us. 

And lead us not into temptation, 

but deliver us from evil. Amen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~ For the kingdom,

the power and glory are yours now and forever. ~Amen


~*~*~*~*~*~* Sign of Peace 
R: And with your Spirit
(to one another) :               
~ Peace be with you!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Lamb of God,
you take away the sins of the world,
have mercy on us.
Lamb of God,
you take away the sins of the world,
have mercy on us.
Lamb of God,
you take away the sins of the world,
grant us peace.
  
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
R: Lord I am not worthy that should
enter under my roof,
but only say the word
and my soul shall be healed.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Communion Song:


Spiritual Communion:

My Jesus, I believe that you are present

in the Most Holy Sacrament.

I love you above all things,

and I desire to receive you into my soul.

Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,

Come at least spiritually into my heart.

I embrace You as if You were already there

And unite myself wholly to You.

Never permit me to be separated from You.

Amen.


Concluding Rite

Closing Song

God bless the Souls of our faithfully departed

Prayer for Vocational Discernment

Lord Jesus,

You said to your disciples,

"I am the way the truth and the life."

Give young people

the gift of discernment, 

to find their way and

embrace their true vocation,

 the life for which

you have created them.


In all that lies before them, 

help them discern a life 

that is pleasing to you,

whether to Christian marriage,

to priesthood, 

or the consecrated religious life.


Send your Holy Spirit

to inspire them.

Grant them the

grace to embrace 

a life of joyful service.

Fulfill their desires to make a

generous gift of themselves

to others,

after your example.

Give them the loving support

of family and friends

 as they prayerfully discern

their vocation in this life.

We ask this through Christ our Lord.

 ~ Amen