25th Sunday in Ordinary Time 9.18.2

                                     September 18, 2022



Gathering Song:

Greeting

Penitential Act: Confiteor

I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do,

through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault;

Therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints; and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.


-AND/OR-

Lord have Mercy,

Christ have Mercy,

Lord have Mercy


GLORIA

Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to people of good will.

We praise you, we bless you,
we adore you, we glorify you, We give you thanks
for your great glory, Lord God,
heavenly King, O God, almighty Father.

Lord, Jesus Christ,
Only Begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father, You take away
the sins of the world,
have mercy on us;
you take away
the sins of the world, 
receive our prayer;
you are seated
at the right hand of the Father,
have mercy on us.

For you alone
are the Holy One,
you alone are the Lord,
you alone are the Most High,
Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit,
in the glory of God the Father, Amen.

Glory to God in the highest,

and on earth peace to people of good



Liturgy of the Word


1st Reading  Am 8:4-7

Hear this, you who trample 
upon the needy
 and destroy the 
poor of the land!
 "When will the new 
moon be over," you ask,
 "that we may sell our grain,
 and the sabbath,
 that we may display the wheat?
 We will diminish the ephah,
 add to the shekel,
 and fix our scales 
for cheating!
 We will buy the 
lowly for silver,
 and the poor for a pair 
of sandals;
 even the refuse of the wheat 
we will sell!"
 The LORD has sworn
 by the pride of Jacob:
 Never will I forget a thing
 they have done!
The Word of the Lord,

        ~Thanks be to God



Responsorial Psalm


R.Praise the Lord who lifts up the poor..

Praise, you servants of the LORD,

 praise the name of the LORD.

Blessed be the name of the LORD

 both now and forever.

R. Praise the Lord who lifts up the poor.

High above all nations is the LORD;

 above the heavens is his glory.

Who is like the LORD, our God, who is enthroned on high

 and looks upon the heavens and the earth below?

R.Praise the Lord who lifts up the poor.

He raises up the lowly from the dust;

 from the dunghill he lifts up the poor

to seat them with princes,

 with the princes of his own people.

Have pity on your servants!

R. Praise the Lord who lifts up the poor.



2nd Reading 1 Tm 2:1-8

Beloved:
First of all, I ask that 

supplications, prayers,
petitions, and thanksgivings

 be offered for everyone,
for kings and for all in authority,
that we may lead a 

quiet and tranquil life
in all devotion and dignity.
This is good and pleasing 

to God our savior,
who wills everyone

 to be saved
and to come to

 knowledge of the truth.
For there is one God.
There is also one mediator

 between God and men,
     the man Christ Jesus,
who gave himself

 as ransom for all.
This was the testimony

 at the proper time.
For this I was appointed

 preacher and apostle
— I am speaking the truth,

 I am not lying —,
teacher of the Gentiles

 in faith and truth.
It is my wish, then,

 that in every place 

men should pray,
lifting up holy hands, 

without anger or argument.

The Word of the Lord,

        ~Thanks be to God


 Alleluia

R. Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia.

Though our Lord Jesus Christ 

was rich, he became poor,
so that by his poverty 

you might become rich.

R. Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia



Gospel

Lk 15:1-32


Jesus said to his disciples,

"A rich man had a steward

who was reported to him 

for squandering his property.

He summoned him and said,

'What is this I hear about you?

Prepare a full account

 of your stewardship,

because you can no longer

 be my steward.'

The steward said to himself,

 'What shall I do,

now that my master is taking

 the position of steward 

away from me?

I am not strong enough to dig

 and I am ashamed to beg.

I know what

 I shall do so that,

when I am removed 

from the stewardship,

they may welcome me

 into their homes.'

He called in his 

master's debtors

 one by one.

To the first he said,

'How much do you

 owe my master?'

He replied, 

'One hundred measures

 of olive oil.'

He said to him,

 'Here is your 

promissory note.

Sit down and quickly 

write one for fifty.

'Then to another

 the steward said,

 'And you, how much

 do you owe?'

He replied,

 'One hundred kors of wheat.'

The steward said to him, 

'Here is your promissory note;

write one for eighty.'

And the master 

commended that 

dishonest steward

 for acting prudently.

"For the children of this world

are more prudent in dealing

 with their own generation

than are the children of light.

I tell you, make friends

 for yourselves

 with dishonest wealth,

so that when it fails,

 you will be welcomed 

into eternal dwellings.

The person who 

is trustworthy

 in very small matters

is also trustworthy

 in great ones;

and the person 

who is dishonest in 

very small matters

is also dishonest

 in great ones.

If, therefore, 

you are not trustworthy

 with dishonest wealth,

who will trust you 

with true wealth?

If you are not trustworthy

 with what belongs to another,

who will give you

 what is yours?

No servant can serve

 two masters.

He will either

 hate one and love the other,

or be devoted to one 

and despise the other.

You cannot serve both 

God and mammon."

    ~ Praise to you
Lord Jesus Christ

Homily


Profession of Faith:

I believe in one God,

the Father almighty,

maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,

the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,

true God from true God,

begotten, not made,

consubstantial with the Father;

through Him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation

He came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate

of the Virgin Mary,

and became man. 
For our sake He was crucified

under Pontius Pilate,

He suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day

in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven

and is seated at the

right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge

the living and the dead

and His kingdom will have no end. 
I believe in the Holy Spirit,

the Lord, the giver of life,

who proceeds from

the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son

is adored and glorified,

who has spoken through the prophets. 
I believe in one, holy, catholic

and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism

for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the

resurrection of the dead

and the life of the world to come. Amen.


Universal Prayer: Prayers of Petition          ~ Risen Lord, hear our prayer


Offertory Song:



Liturgy of the Eucharist


Eucharistic Acclamations:

R: Blessed be God forever 


R: Blessed be God forever

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

R: May the Lord accept the sacrifice

at your hands for the

praise and glory of his name,

for our good

and the good of all His holy Church
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

R: And with your spirit

R: We lift them up to the Lord


R: It is right and just.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full,
full of your glory.
Hosanna, hosanna in the highest.

Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest.  
Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest.

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We proclaim your Death, O Lord, and profess your 

Resurrection, until you come again.

Or

When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup
We proclaim your Death, O Lord, until you come again.

Or
Save us, Savior of the world,
for by your Cross and Resurrection you have set us free

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen

            

  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~


The Lord’s Prayer

Our Father, Who art in heaven, 

Hallowed be Thy Name. 

Thy Kingdom come. 

Thy Will be done, 

on earth as it is in Heaven.


Give us this day our daily bread. 

And forgive us our trespasses, 

as we forgive those
who trespass against us. 

And lead us not into temptation, 

but deliver us from evil. Amen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~ For the kingdom,

the power and glory are yours now and forever. ~Amen


~*~*~*~*~*~* Sign of Peace 
R: And with your Spirit (to one another) :
                ~ Peace be with you!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Lamb of God,
you take away the sins of the world,
have mercy on us.
Lamb of God,
you take away the sins of the world,
have mercy on us.
Lamb of God,
you take away the sins of the world,
grant us peace.
  
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
R: Lord I am not worthy that should
enter under my roof,
but only say the word
and my soul shall be healed.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Communion Song:


Spiritual Communion:

My Jesus, I believe that you are present

in the Most Holy Sacrament.

I love you above all things,

and I desire to receive you into my soul.

Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,

Come at least spiritually into my heart.

I embrace You as if You were already there

And unite myself wholly to You.

Never permit me to be separated from You.

Amen.


Concluding Rite

Closing Song


Prayer for Vocational Discernment

Lord Jesus,

You said to your disciples,

"i am the way the truth and the life."

Give young people

the gift of discernment, 

to find their way and

embrace their true vocation,

 the life for which

you have created them.


In all that lies before them, 

help them discern a life 

that is pleasing to you,

whether to Christian marriage,

to priesthood, 

or the consecrated religious life.


Send your Holy Spirit

to inspire them.

Grant them the

grace to embrace 

a life of joyful service.

Fulfill their desires to make a

generous gift of themselves

to others,

after your example.

Give them the loving support

of family and friends

 as they prayerfully discern

their vocation in this life.

We ask this through Christ our Lord.

 ~ Amen